Use the Pimsleur Spanish course to speak Spanish in only 10 days? Read the Pros & Cons, user reviews of Pimsleur Approach Spanish course in this article.
Suitable for: Beginner, Intermediate.
Package Included: Over 12 hours of interactive Audio lessons.* 500 pages of supplementary resources, including grammar, vocabulary, common phrases, and 414 exercises.* MegaSpanish help-you-learn software(MegaVocab, MegaAudio and MegaVerbs).
My Thoughts of Pimsleur Spanish
This is a good site for those who want to learn Spanish from home without running for classes and what have you. Pimsleur Approachgives the learner the ease of learning to speak without reading, writing, or using the computer. The course is backed by more than 4 decades of research and development, and today, it assures content quality that few can match up to.
The Pros of Pimsleur Spanish
- The audio advantage
The entire course is audio based, which means you don’t read, write or use the computer; all you need to do is to just sit back and listen. Every CD is sequenced scientifically, which ensures the words are absorbed in your mind very well.
- Short but effective lessons
The audio lessons are 30 minute in duration and are very good for those who are learning on the go, thanks to the lessons’ MP3 and IPod compatibility. These lessons include common words and phrases used in everyday conversations. The audio quality s very good, making for clear speech, and the 4 CD content is aimed at fluency. It’s portable and fun to use.
- Applies four principles of learning
- The first principle the course applies is the “Graduated Interval Recall”. Here, new information is introduced at specific intervals, thus ensuring you learn thoroughly and effectively.
- The second principle is “Anticipation”, where the words learned are tested in different conversation scenarios and the student engages in meaningful interaction which enables better learning.
- The third principle is “Organic learning”. This means that nature has wired your brain to absorb and learn more though verbal interaction, so listening is more important than reading and writing. This is what the Pimsleur Approach does- it makes you listen.
- The fourth principle is “Core Vocabulary”, wherein the emphasis is on teaching the most important words required to learn a language, rather than lots of words.
- The input/output system
Pimsleur courses are based on an “input/output" system where the student and teacher interact with each other. Active thinking is promoted by making the student anticipate answers. Thinking and recalling short term memory is what enhances your learning.
- Lots of freebies
You get free membership to the Pimsleur Rapid Fluency Program +. A month after your registration, you start getting free trial copies of the advanced lessons for you to try for a period of 30 days. There is a full money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the course or if it does not suit your requirement/s.
The Cons of Pimsleur Spanish
The course is a little slow, but it is intensive. There is no reading and writing, so if you are looking at those aspects, then this course will not meet your requirements.
At only $9.95 and free shipping, this course is ideal for those who want to attain fluency in conversational Spanish. It’s good for professionals and people who are on the move and do not have access to a computer at all times. For 30 minutes a day, Pimsleur Approach is a cheap, quick, and simple way to learn Spanish.
* Pimsleur Spanish comes with a 30 days Money Back Guarantee.
* Pimsleur Spanish Course is available from Pimsleur.com. And their official site is the only place where you can buy this course.